ASC has a full service lab capable of performing analytical test on organic and inorganic materials, deposit analysis, metallurgy analysis, corrosion analysis, microorganism testing, NPDES permitting, and a variety of other lab tests.
New research and development projects that ASC is currently working on include:
• Optical Brightening Technology
• Introduction of a new family of defoamers
• New low VOC Microbiocide technology
• New sizing technology for the paper industry
• Introduction of new repulpable wet strength resin
• Patented optical brightening technology offers brightness values above any conventional bleaching or OBA products currently being used. It is now possible to reach brightness values above and beyond your previous expectations.
• Floc Aid series (Patented Polymer Chemistry) - This new product line of liquid anionic polymers are specific to settling microbes in the fermentation processes that are charge dependent. This represents a totally new application technology not previously found in our industry.
• Stickies Polymer Chemistry used in the paper industry to prevent deposits on the paper machine felt/wire and paper sheet deposition.
• Development of new sludge dewatering polymers, weight and charge specific formulated to the customers specific demands.
• Repulpable wet strength resins. Unique chemistry that provides the wet strength properties required and allows you to recycle your normally hard or impossible to repulp broke.
• Polymer formulated dry strength resins. ASC has developed new polymeric dry strength resin to improve both paper properties and machine runability.
• Grease resistant products which do not contain any PFOS. This product is designed for use in paper making processes to increase oil repellency of paper substrates. FDA approved for use in papers that may contact fatty and aqueous foods.
• Coating insolubilizers that improve wet pick, wet rub and wet receptivity. ASC's coating insolubilizers gives these properties such as improving printability, wet pick, wet rub, opacity, improves blistering and reduces binder migration and mottling.
• Dispersion Polymers. ASC's new water based dispersion polymers are designed for easy makedown and feed applications. Expensive feed equipment is not required for product makedown.